Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Safety Eyes: the impossible journey!

So, like many I'm sure, I have had a hell of a time finding safety eyes in the size I need for Allison Hoffman's AmiguruME dolls. I haven't been able to find 10mm eyes anywhere! I was lucky and had some 12mm that I had gotten off of Amazon.com but they just weren't right. They were too big and looked funny on the doll's face as you saw in my previous post.

I decided to ask Allison where she got her eyes and while I was waiting I went searching on google once more, like I have so many times already. However, this time I struck gold. I ran across a blog post about safety eyes!

Amigurumi Eyes – Where, What, How To’s / FAQ / Info

Not only was the post extremely informative but CR's Crafts still had the sets of 100 eyes in every size for under 10 bucks! I couldn't believe it! That's 50 amigurumi dolls for 9 dollars round abouts. I just went to the home page and clicked on "Product Index" then clicked on "Animal Eyes". And voila! Every possible option of eyes that I could dream of! I'm a hard core black eye kind of girl, but they have so many options that I might just have to branch out when I run out of my 12mm black eyes for some of my animals that I've been doing (Military Bear).

So excited! Can't wait for them to get here!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment